H.R. 8, Bipartisan Background Checks Act of 2021 (which already passed in the U.S. House), BANS nearly all private firearms sales, severely restricting your civil rights.
Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer is rallying the gun-grabbers in the U.S. Senate to ram through a gun grabber’s top priority — Universal Gun Registration.
This Universal Gun Registration bill funnels nearly ALL firearms transactions through the federal government and makes it ILLEGAL to sell firearms to lifelong friends and neighbors unless Big Brother knows about it.
Universal Gun Registration will rapidly advance through the U.S. Senate without public pushback against it.
Call your Senators and Mitch McConnell. Let them know you don’t support this bill.
- Mitch McConnell (202) 224-2541
- Senate Switchboard Link
Points to bring up:
- The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution clearly states “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed”. The federal government has no constitutional role in regulating firearms.
- R. 8 makes transferring a firearm to a neighbor or friend a criminal act. This is a restriction of lawful trade. It also makes law-abiding firearm owners instant felons, even though they have done nothing wrong.
- This bill forces lawful gun owners to pay a fee, participate in de facto gun registration, and have their backgrounds probed by bureaucrats, in order to exercise a Constitutionally-protected right.
- This bill does not reduce crime or stop criminals; it only burdens legal, law-abiding gun owners. Criminals do not register, pay fees, submit to background checks or obtain transfer paperwork.
- R. 8 clearly does nothing to stop crime. It restricts trade, places undue burdens on legal, law-abiding gun owners. It is unconstitutional because it infringes on the right to keep and bear arms. I urge you to oppose this dangerous bill immediately.